Saturday, January 17, 2009

17. Winter Solstice - Indigo Imp Brewery

Indigo Imp is a new brewery that just opened up in Cleveland. They make two varieties of open fermented real ales for the moment, Winter Solstice and Blonde Bombshell. I'm really excited about them, because it's really awesome to have another local brewery that isn't Great Lakes. I really respect GL's business model, with turning their used up mash(?) into biodiesel to power their trucks, but I hate their beer. It's good to have a local brew that I like and can drink without getting sick. We drank the Winter Solstice tonight, it has a nice rich golden brown color and tastes like a pretty standard Belgian style beer, a little sweet, a little malty, but nice. It is spiced with something that neither Jordan nor I can put our fingers on. It's definitely one of the better winter ales we've had, and it's our last one (hurray!!!).
It gets three out of four little blue imps getting snowed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment