Monday, January 12, 2009

Strawberry Wheat Beer, Lancaster Brewing Company

Imagine if you were eating a bowl of fruity pebbles, and then all your pebbles are gone. No problem, all that sugar milk is left over to slurp up. Bonus! But in "Kelly Land" that sweet sugar milk was actually beer. This is what you taste when you try Strawberry Wheat Beer made by Lancaster Brewing Company. Lately is seems as if Bill and I are in denial of winter ever happening. I keep gravitating to these lighter brighter brews. Strawberries, bananas, tomorrow we should sample a beer that tastes like wicker, then we've drank almost an entire fruit basket in just a few short days. Fantastic! This wheat lager is a dry, crisp and sweet tasting gem. If I still owned my strawberry shortcake doll from childhood I would sniff it's hair right now. It definitely did not taste syrupy, or sugary, but naturally sweet, flavor infused, hand crafted and delicately enhanced, sweet and wheaty. I look forward to picnics this summer, or finding a bar with this one on tap. I would give this one a full pint of strawberries out of a pint sitting on a market shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment