Monday, January 26, 2009

26 - Stoudt's Scarlet Lady ESB

After the jingoistic American Pale Ale which I gave some sort of half-hearted review, I decided to give them another shot with something I am equally as half-hearted about, redheads.

I like the red color of the beer, and almost always like red beers. On a side note, when I don't shave I actually grow a read beard. Anyways, this beer is good. It has a nice flavor, with a little complexity and a little zing. I won't say like a redhead, even though they are stereotypically characterized as zesty and wild women. Men with red hair just seem mean.

Back on track. This beer is an ESB. This stands for either Extra Special Bitter or Extra Strong Bitter. Special is vague and unreliable. But strong could work. I am just going throw some words out there on this one: Thirst quenching, sweet and fruity, bitter, tangy but not super tangy...it's good. It is like drinking an alchoholic sort of BBQ sauce...but only in spirit, not necessarily by taste. Like as if this beer would be good whenever and adds some flavor to what you are doing like some BBQ sauce. It would cover up the last bland beer you had.

On a side note, Kelly said she wasn't into it because she is having her "." which I think is outrageous. For the record she is not a redhead.

I give it 3.5 out of 4 wild, outrageous, stereotypical redheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment