Thursday, January 29, 2009

28 - Unibroue Ephemere Apple

First off, excuse moi for not adding the appropriate accent grave and egu with this posting title. I just can't figure out how to access those letters with this computer. But since I took 4 years of French in school, I probably should figure it out, or I've wasted my life.

This is a tasty Ale. Kel liked it a few ticks more than me, so maybe she should be writing this, but shoot, I am on a roll. It is an apple and coriander beer, but it is not a cider. It is definitely an ale but has a strong apple presence and is very sweet. I only had half of a bottle on Thursday night (Guy's night). So here it is on Guys night and I am hanging out with a girl and drinking an extremely sweet green apple and coriander beer with a picture of a fairy on it. The folks at Unibroue up in Montreal make extraordinary beers. They have thier own style that is not really Belgian, but it has the floral and champaign quality of Belgian beer, but definitely not as we in central North America do it. It is sort of like a pixie cocktail, like a magical lord of the rings challice beer. It's good, but more like desert than a meal if you know what I mean.

I give it 3.5 magical woodland elfin spirits out of 4 mystical trunk trolls.

Side note: If you can find it, go and get Troegs Nugget Nectar before it runs out for the whole year. We bought a case yesterday. Also good luck to the Steelers and the other sports team that they are playing at the Supergame Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment