Saturday, January 24, 2009

24 - Stone Double Bastard Ale

We went to Smokey Joe's in the southside. Normally I don't go to this area of town which I lovingly named "Douchebag Alley" but Smokey Joe has a great selection of beers on tap. My cubicle neighbor recommended we try the two beers on tap for today. My choice was the Stone "Arrogant Bastard" Double Bastard.

This beer has a whole lotta flavor and was real good. I haven't had a good beer in awhile and this beer was how I like my women, smooth, strong and full of hops. But it is great cause it doesn't have the weird flower bouquet fragrance. I was happy to drink this beautiful looking red brown colored beer. It did get a bit bitter as it got warm, it recommend drinking it quick if you can handle the flavor overload.

We liked it and it was nice drinking at a bar, until we go the bill where we paid more for these two local drafts than I have ever paid for any beer ever in my life. If you need beer selection, go to smokey joes, but hit the check cashing place cause you clearly like rip offs.

I give it 3.3 out of 4 Douchebags.

No comments:

Post a Comment