Wednesday, January 28, 2009

27. Helle Hefeweizen - Tucher Breawery

En route to have dinner with our high school English teacher Jordan, Mike and I stopped at Der Braumeister for a beer. Love this place, but sometimes wish their beer selection was better organized. They have beer list which consists of a list and then pages of pictures of bottles and they have a couple coolers full of beer and I'm never sure that everything in the coolers is on the list and it doesn't have prices and they're mostly German so they all have names that I totally butcher when I pronounce them. But it's still good. We finally settled on the Tucher Helle Hefeweizen. Another thing about the beers is that, generally being German beers, they usually come in bottles bigger than your standard 12oz and glasses bigger than a pint. So we each ended up with a 1/2L of beer before we were supposed to go drink margaritas, great. The beer was pretty cloudy as hefeweizens tend to be and had a pretty light flavor. Light, wheaty, with a little spice and coriander. I didn't like it at first, but it grew on me. It was nice and didn't get me as drunk as I expected. Jordan even liked and German beers aren't his favorite. It gets 38 out or 50 beers you have to drink at Der Braumeister to get a free beer stein.

No comments:

Post a Comment