Saturday, January 24, 2009

24. Birra Moretti - Heineken Italia

We went out for dinner with my parents and ended up at our go-to neighborhood Italian place. Since we were there we firgured it was time for an Italian beer. They only have two Peroni and Moretti and Jordan had already had Peroni so Moretti it was. It basically tastes what like you would expect when you see who it is made by -- an Italian Heineken. Except that we both liked it more than Heineken and it didn't make my stomach upset like the big H does. So I guess it was more like an Italian Budweiser. An aside about Bud: we went out for a fancy dinner and then decided to go to a strip club afterwards (classy, I know) and after having a few overpriced, watered down Cape Codders we switch to Bud (figuring that there was no way to water down bottled beer) and it was surprisingly good and flavorful. I wouldn't want to drink it always but its goodness was one of the highlights of our evening. Anways back to Moretti -- it was super easy to drink and was rather inoffensive taste-wise, but totally made my face get really red and hot. Drinks sometimes do that to me, but this was particularly pronounced. I think we should give this one 4 out of 6 sterotypical Italian dudes named Fabio.

No comments:

Post a Comment