Tuesday, January 27, 2009

26. Genesee Cream Ale

Haley thought we were done with the cheap beer, but guess what- Genny's here. On Sunday we bought a dozen pounders- the 16 ounce cans, as opposed to the tallboy's, which are 24 ounces. Those little mini cans have a name that I learned on Sunday, but I can't recall what it was. If it comes to me I'll enlighten you. Back to the beer. I'm going to have to say that this is the best cheap beer we've blogged about, edging out a narrow win over Ballantine. We decided we both like it better than Pabst and it didn't make Haley sick the next day like some of the others have. I was still miserable the next morning, but when you take as much lithium as I do, anything more than 3 beers means you have mad morning sickness. Don't worry though, Haley and I didn't sit around and casually kill 192 ounces of beer all on our own. We had help in the form of Mike and Mitch. We all enjoyed the beer, it's sweet and foamy and smells like crayons. A lot actually. It has a nice sweet finish as opposed to the metallic aftertaste we've been experiencing for the past week. Yes this beer is good. I'm going to say it gets 9 pounders out of twelve. Let me warn you however, drinking this beer may have weird side effects (or it may just be Mike). You see, in the course of the evening Michael drunk dialed his high school english teacher, now we're all meeting her for dinner this evening at Luchita's. That to me is strange. Also, it seemed to fill him with the overwhelming desire to see some titties (though he did admit that he had been horny all week). So we left the comfort of our home and went to Bugsy's. It was great, but I won't get into that too much. What I will say, and this is something that Haley has said before, is that Budweiser is really, surprisingly, good. I really like it. I didn't really feel like paying $6 for it at Bugsy's though. Which is why when we went to Service Industry night (sin night) at Diamond (where we got in free, you know, since we all work at Phoenix coffee) and they were $2 I was real happy. Sunday night was really fun and I would like to thank the boys for all their help in tasting the beer. We skipped our beer last night on account of Der Braumeister closing at 9 and us not wanting to leave the neighborhood to find other beer. We will make it up to you though. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment