Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gonzo Imperial Porter, Flying Dog Brewery

This was a mouthful of a beer. I found it to be very complex, and very delicious and very drinkable. It resembled motor oil, and had a slight hint of a soy sauce flavor. I sensed a little bit of a hard alcohol flavor within in it, almost like there was a trace of tequila, but Bill didn't sense this at all. There was some chocolate going on, some coffee happening, yet all so very smooth at the same time. We did try this one on tap which was a nice bonus. It poured one the most beautiful heads I have ever seen. I don't really have much else to say on this one other than it was very different and very delicious and a refreshing break from the others we've tried recently. We were both very surprised and would order it again.

I would give it a 11 bottles of soy sauce out of a case of 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment