Friday, January 16, 2009

Great Lakes Brewing Co., Christmas Ale

I drank this beer with a microwavable quiche from Trader Joe's. Have you all tried these? The come in three flavors. As I was searching the internet for a link to include I learned my favorite frozen food treat has 31-45 grams of fat. I normally do not care for calorie counting, but that seems rather high. We just did buy 12 of them too. fuck.

Anyways, christmas is over and this bottle was tucked in the back of the fridge hidden behind a 6 pack of Australian King Lager. DO NOT BUY KING LAGER. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/2542/44234 This shit is nasty. Unless you enjoy the taste of skank ass. We bought a 24 pack of bottles for $9.00. For 37.5 cents per bottle, I'll try it. It was gross and not worth any more mention.

On to the Great Lakes Christmas Ale. I liked it. Not my favorite Christmas Ale, but better than I could of anticipated. We are not as familiar with the Great Lakes beers as much as our blogmates are, but we liked it more than we should. I enjoyed a nutmegish flavor I was picking up, that bill was not, and it was darker than your average pilsner, and had slight complexity to it, and a little bit of a light frothy head, but not too much. I'd like to try it in cleveland on tap maybe next winter season. With that said, I think that basically summarizes my opinion on the stuff. Oh i do appreciate Great Lakes shout out to Christmas Trees asking that everybody recycles their trees to make nutrient-rich mulch for plant growth. I read the part of recycling for plant mulch, and thought, "really with this bottle..how?" but then i turned the bottle around and they talk about the tree part. That makes more sense.

I would give this beer 2.75 bags of nutrient-rich plant mulch out of 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment