Friday, January 2, 2009

2. N'ice Chouffe Limited Edition 2007- Brasserie D'Achouffe

Good evening all. Tonight Haley and I tried another Christmas Ale, specifically N'ice Chouffe. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Haley decided she doesn't like Christmas Ales. Sucks to be her- I've got another two weeks of them lined up. It was really good though. It was strong, 10%, but you really couldn't taste the alcohol. It was sweet (the bottle says it has berry notes, but I didn't really catch them, just sweet) and malty, not offensively malty like I feel Trogues Mad Elf is, just malty. It was amber, that was nice, and opaque and had a lot of yeasty sediment. I really liked this beer. Maybe once Bill and Kelly start posting we'll develop a rating system and I could give it a really good rating and Haley can complain it was too spicy and made her sleepy and a little (unexpectedly) drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment