Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lakefront Brewery, Fuel Cafe Coffee Stout

I have been so excited to try this one. This beer is a marriage of Milwaukee's Lakefront Brewery and Fuel Cafe's coffee. http://www.fuelcafe.com/ I've never been to Milwaukee, but I feel a certain connection to FUEL cafe because when I was living in Minneapolis during college every 6th person owned a FUEL cafe T-Shirt. From what I know they are like a motorcycle coffee shop. Which minneapolis had one of their own, Bob's Java Hut. I loved that place. http://www.bobs33.com/ FUEL cafe has a very simple and distinct logo, one I remembered and stuck with me. So when we were in New Kensington at the 6 and Save stocking up on our bottles for to kick off our year of drinking I noticed they carried this one. Nice! Now I'm drinking this bitch. We both really like it. It's very thick, Heavy on the espresso, tastes carbonated, and has a bit of a Egg Cream taste. Which led me to the wikipedia page for Egg Cream: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_cream

Yes, I already knew that no eggs are in this old timer beverage. The stout has a chocolatey carbonated thing happening. Can't tell if it amps you up like a spider monkey cause we are splitting a 12 oz. bottle. If you drink a 6 pack of this stuff, let me know what happens to you. It's still remarkably light tasting. You could drink a few of these and not feel grossed out. Not syrupy, pretty dry. Bill just got bit by Bjarni the new foster dog and blood is starting to surface. I will give this one 5 of 6 tooth indentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment