Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bell's Special Double Cream Stout


Beer Diary,

It's been great checking in with you everyday. How are you? Today I tried a very fantastic brew and I want to tell you all about it. It's a stout made by Bell's from Comstock, MI. The label is very pretty with some tree branches demonstrating good use of the "rule of thirds".  It's very dark, thick in substance, no head,  and tastes like a spicy creamy espresso. But that's all just a subtle mention by me, nothing to make a giant announcement about, but that is how it tastes to me. Since Bill and I are splitting bottles, I felt like I wanted to drink the rest of Bill's since I completed mine rather quickly. But had we bought a 6 pack I don't think I would drink all of them in one setting or anything. So diary what does this mean? Do I like Bell's Special Double Cream Stout, or do love Bell's Special Double Cream Stout? Tell me what to do! I guess I'll just try another beer tomorrow and see what happens!

xoxox,
Kelly

p.s. If Bell's Special Double Cream Stout was a soda, I think it would be the alcoholic version of Shasta Creme Soda. In that case, if I had a 6 pack of Shasta I would give it 5 cans. Which reminds me of my old favorite jingle... "Don't give me the same 'ole soda, the same old cola, I wanna rockn'rolla, I wanna rock! I wanna shasta."

No comments:

Post a Comment