Monday, January 19, 2009

Oatmeal Dark Stout, Breckenridge Brewery

MMMMmmmm. Tasty. This was a solid Oatmeal stout. I love the beer that doesn't even change a tint when you hold it up to a light. It was dry, malty, slightly peppery, a hint of nuts, and roasted oats. Not sure if that's what's in there, but in my mind that is exactly what was happening. Bill really enjoyed it as well. I think this is the second Beckenridge beer we have tried and I remember liking the other as well. Although, one question. Where can I get a breakfast Oatmeal beer? All this talk about Oatmeal beers and I haven't yet come across one with strawberries and maple sugar, or molasses, or blueberries and cream. Can you imagine nursing a hang over with some apple cinnamon oatmeal beer. Yum. Hey Bill, add this to the list. If we can find a banana n' cream oatmeal beer then we found exactly what I am craving. mmmmmMMMMMM

I give this beer a good 4 bowls of warm breakfast cereal out of a vat equivalent to about 5 bowls worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment