Monday, January 5, 2009

Southampton Publick House, Double White Ale

Oh this is some good stuff. Phil did get it "white". Just like the label reads. I would buy this one again and again. It is a Belgian Ale brewed with coriander, orange and lemon peel. Take that Blue Moon biiitches.  I cooked a harmonious Indonesian vegetarian feast feast with lemongrass, pineapple and Trader Joe's Veggie Beef cutlets tonight. So what kind of beer goes with that? When I opened up our fridge that is currently filled with more beer than Snoop Dogg's, (we had to stockpile for this '09 resolution) it was the Southampton that seemed like the best match. I couldn't of been more right. Bill was also real pleased with this winner. It's brewed in Wilkes-Barre, PA. This region makes some killer beers. (I heart the Troegs). All this went down a few hours ago, and I am still excited about it. I think the one we drank was even old because the label looks different than what is one the Southampton website. My last sip was good warm too. I give it a thumbs up or 4/4 oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment