Sunday, January 11, 2009

11 - Saranac Black Diamond Bock Dark Lager

Before I get balls deep into this review...The banana beer from last night was not banana-y at all. I was straining my taste buds to even catch the faint inflection. I mark yesterday as the beginning of my quest for a banana beer, and I will make my own if I haven't had one by the end of this year.

Anyways the Saranac Black Diamond Bock Dark Lager is crisp, tasty beer with the zesty zing of the Bock...I chose the bock because I wanted some bock perspective. And out of the past few bocks this one is solid...maybe a bock can only get so good, cause this seems better than some, but not much different. Kelly notes hints of pepper...like the banana, I do not catch this hint. I need something with some flavor and this one tastes good and definitely drinkable. But nothing more vibrant or exciting...just solid....wait for it...solid as a bock.

While I am hoping for a beautiful banana beer in 09, I am also feeling destined to find a bock that transcends the typical run of the mill everyday hard working bock.

Sarnac gets the double black diamond out of a possible quadruple chair ski lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment