Sunday, March 22, 2009

51-52 Bar Harbor Blueberry vs. Sea Dog Wild Blueberry

I am typically no huge fan of fruit flavored bears. I'll stick to a wine cooler, thank you. But I had these two in close sucession and my mind was blown by the difference.

Bar Harbor Blueberry Ale - This was a bland, boring, bitter, flat beer with blueberry taste masking a lousy beer. This beer is the dead person done up by the coroners make up person.

Sea Dog's Bluepaw Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale - I really liked this beer. The flavor was refreshing and had a great aftertaste. It was a little bitter, but in a very tasty and drinkable way. I was sad to see it go.

No competition. Sea Dog all the way. Not sure why blueberries only grow around nautical imagery. I grew up in New England and they were all over, but we were no where near the coast (15 -20 miles). But someone more inland might have a less skewed view of being away from the coast...I'm lookin at you Cleveland. Any blueberries around here??

1 comment:

  1. lots of blueberries in the greater cleveland area. my uncle used to live on a blueberry farm...but, I'm afraid we are actually near the coast...the north coast.

    ReplyDelete