Thursday, March 5, 2009

47. Faro Lambic - Brouwerij Lindemans

So Faro is a non-fruited style of lambic, where they take the lambic and add candy sugar to it to make it easier to drink than either straight lambic or gueze. I was under the impression that it was lambic with barley added, and I'm pretty sure the bottle said soemthing about barley, which I don't think other lambics have, but I'm not gonna lie I drank way to much last night (note to self: just because Jordan is having another beer doesn't mean I need to as well) so perhaps there was nothing about barley on there. Anyways, this was pretty sweet. Definitely sweeter than a normal fruity lambic, which have the fruit sweetness but you mostly taste the sourness of the lambic. I didn't really taste any sourness, just candy sugar and more candy sugar. It wasn't too sweet, though I wouldn't drink one of these every day, probably only on "beer for dessert" days. It had an interesting smell, I though it smelled like vomit, but that perhaps was just indicative of my mindstate, and Jordan thought it smelled like his moustache after a night of drinking, so we'll call that musty -- an aside, do you think moustache and musty have related origins and that moustache originally ment musty smelling patch of hair on your lip? Oh why don't I have an OED at work? Anyways, despite the not so great smell I liked this. I'm going to switch it up and give it a letter grade: B+ but a low B+ like an 87 not an 89.

No comments:

Post a Comment