Tuesday, March 3, 2009

40. Avalanche Amber Ale - Breckenridge Brewery

This is new on draft at Prosperity and just in time. I was getting sick of the Bell's Porter. <> Anyways, this beer is a great substitute. It's a perfect winter to spring transition beer; it's not as dark and the dark, warm, heavy beers that get you through the winter, but isn't as light as a dancing round the maypole, april showers bring may flowers bock or whatever else you drink in the spring. It's amber, not brown, which is a good thing in my book, I think. I like browns and ambers but can never remember which I like more. I think it's ambers. Anyways, this beer is crisp and clean in your mouth, tasty, not really malty at all, with only a little bitterness. It's easy to drink and tastes nice, but isn't so tasty that you only want to drink one glass of it. Jordan still prefers the porter, but I am fully in the Avalanche camp now. But at the same time it's nothing groundbreaking. I could drink a lot of these, but I'm already a little bored with it. Boring but solid. It gets 3.75 /5 avalances.

No comments:

Post a Comment