Thursday, March 5, 2009

46. Porter - Nøgne Ø

So the last time I wrote about Nøgne Ø beers, I mistyped. The little islands like the one the brewery is on aren't actually called Nøgne Ø (naked island), but instead it's a poetic term that Ibsen coined. Anyways, they make good beer. The porter was no exception. It was super nutty, but not overpoweringly so, you still tasted the toasty malty porter goodness. The head had super big bubbles, but that might have been my fault for careless pouring. It is a good beer, but neither of us was wowed by it, probably because it was accompanying a severely lackluster dinner. Maybe it deserves another chance, but probably not. Nothing will be able to take the place of Bell's Porter in Jordan's book, and I think I'm over dark beers for a while. So umm it gets 15 out of 26 Ibsen plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment