Thursday, February 5, 2009

35. Original Stieglbock

"Brewed since 1492 by the Stiegl brewery. Brewed from malt, hops, yeast, mountain spring water according to the purity law of 1516." I liked this beer, Haley did not. She thought it tasted like armpit, I did not. She was ready to stop drinking though, so that might have been it. I don't really remember what it tasted like, but I do know that I drank all of mine and half of Haley's. If we were to use Mr. Day's criteria I would say I could drink the one and a half I had and then probably a couple others.
Now a word on Der Braumeister. Der Braumeister is a very charming German restaurant and food import store. The bar is good, decorated very neatly and it has a ridiculous beer selection. One of the best in the city. It should have a higher profile than it does. It's a good place (the food is pretty good too). It closes early though (9 during the week, 10 on weekends) and that makes it hard to fit into the evening sometimes, but, Clevelanders, you should really consider making Der Braumeister the first stop of the night. Also, beer club! Drink 50 of their beers and get a t-shirt and a stein! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment