Wednesday, February 4, 2009

32 - Bells Best Brown Ale

Have faith beer bloggers. It has been cold outside, but we have been drinking. Unfortunately we handwrite our blogs before we add it to the internet...and our pens froze. Kelly has three or four beers that she has to travel back into the tastebuds of time to share.

And after my last blog where I bitched about the price of beer, I went out drinking with a friend. Four hours later I got talked into buying the most expensive beer of my life. It was a ten dollar single bottle that even drunk, I knew made me a sucker. But that beer is for another day. A special expensive sucker beer day.

Today is the Bell's Best Brown Ale, which should be good for me cause I am not a brown ale drinker and need encouragement to actually drink one.

Well this might be the best brown ale I have ever had. It has a great taste that is a little sweet and has a great consistency and the after taste is basically more of the same great taste. Not sure if that still counts as an aftertaste. More of an extended taste. It looks nice with the nice dark reddish brown color that I can't get over and a smoothness that only comes in the best beers.

My latest scale has been how many of these I think I could drink in a row before feeling sick of it...which is probably 4 and maybe five. Yep I am all about quantity of quality. I am feeling the depth of winter sinking in and this is my favorite drinking season. Drinking a beer everyday had been throwing off my normal drinking patterns, but lately it has been back with a vengeance. Probably cause the groundhog saw his shadow.

Bells!

No comments:

Post a Comment